Feedburner stops email services – switch to follow.it now
Google announced that they will terminate Feedburner’s email subscription feature in July. This leaves many bloggers & website owners wondering: what service to switch to?
Why follow.it is the best Feedburner alternative
If you don’t know follow.it yet, please have a look at our intro.
Here are the key reasons why you should switch to follow.it:
- Reliable email delivery: Emails land in inbox, not spam folders, due to follow.it’s excellent sender reputation
- Mature: follow.it (and its predecessor SpecificFeeds) has been around for over 5 years
- Free: follow.it’s “Basic”-plan includes many features, allows unlimited followers & emails, and is 100% free; optional premium plans are priced very fairly
- Used by many: follow.it is used by over 100,000 websites
- Cool filter options: Your followers can do much more with your feed, e.g. see Techcrunch’s follow page as example
- More delivery channels: It’s not only email – followers have a choice of delivery channels which include RSS, news page, Telegram, and several others to be available soon
- Integrations: You can use Zapier with follow.it, e.g. to sync your followers’ emails to your other email applications or CRM
- Excellent reviews: We’re getting very positive feedback from our users, such as the highly tech-savvy AppSumo community
- Use pop ups for free: MyPopUps is free for all follow.it users
- Multiple languages: follow.it is already available in several languages (you can see them at the bottom right on here), and we’ll keep translating it into more
- Keep innovating: We’re only getting started – have a look at the planned enhancements on our Product Roadmap
- Excellent documentation & support: In addition to our thorough documentation, we take pride in our top notch customer support. Whenever you have a question, just ask! We’ll respond swiftly.
For a general introduction, please have a look at the video our friends at AppSumo created:
Sounds cool! How can I switch?
Please have a look at our documentation how to switch from Feedburner to follow.it. Or, just sign up on follow.it and send us the email address you used for the sign up, as well as your website url, and we’ll guide you through the process.
How do the emails (which my followers receive) look?
This depends on how you selected it. Some publishers prefer “Headlines only”, in which case it will look like this, and others prefer “Full stories” in which case the entire content (as provided by your RSS feed) gets used, ending up looking like this.
The followers I move from Feedburner to follow.it – will they have to confirm their subscription (again)?
No – users you import are immediately active, i.e. will receive updates from your feed without receiving a separate email where they are asked to confirm it.
However, in the content emails which are sent (when you publish a new story) your followers will see an additional line at the top as long as they haven’t confirmed it. If you don’t want to show this extra line, you can get in touch with us and provide evidence that the imported users have subscribed to your site previously. Then we will remove this extra line.
Do I get a subscription form to place on my site?
Yes of course. We offer subscription forms, follow-icons, and also pop-ups in collaboration with MyPopUps. To get the code for your subscription form, go to https://follow.it/ni, enter your website url, and follow the steps.
Can I first try it out myself before I offer it to my readers?
My question isn’t covered here – what can I do?
To not miss out on future feature announcements follow this blog.
Get more recurring visitors
or learn more