GDPR – Foundation of much more to come
This post originally appeared on the blog of follow.it’s predecessor, SpecificFeeds.com, on May 25th, 2018. “SpecificFeeds” has been replaced with “follow.it” in the text.
We’re happy to announce that we’ve accomplished a long list of steps to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the new EU privacy regulation which comes into effect today (May 25th, 2018).
Some of the measures we’ve taken include:
- Thorough research of all business areas impacted by GDPR – DONE
- Appointment of Data Protection Officer – DONE
- Signing of Data Processing Agreements with third parties who process personal data – DONE
- Creation of Data Processing Addendum for Publishers – DONE
- Review of user consent to receive information – DONE
- Applying principle to only share data where required – DONE
- Briefing of staff with access to personal data to ensure GDPR compliance – DONE
Making follow.it GDPR-compliant is a very time-consuming process that is not just about May 25, 2018 but is about ensuring that we provide products and services to our users that prioritizes data protection.
Also, it provides a solid basis for what lies ahead: we are planning a range of significant enhancements which will put follow.it on a new level. Stay tuned!
Get more recurring visitors
or learn more