Please turn JavaScript on
South China Morning Post icon

South China Morning Post

Subscribe to South China Morning Post’s news feed.

Click on “Follow” and decide if you want to get news from South China Morning Post via RSS, as email newsletter, via mobile or on your personal news page.

Subscription to South China Morning Post comes without risk as you can unsubscribe instantly at any time.

You can also filter the feed to your needs via topics and keywords so that you only receive the news from South China Morning Post which you are really interested in. Click on the blue “Filter” button below to get started.

Website title: HK, China, Asia news & opinion from SCMP’s global edition | South China Morning Post

Is this your feed? Claim it!

Publisher:  Unclaimed!
Message frequency:  68.14 / day

Message History

A group of 21 former international cricket captains, including India’s Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, signed a letter to Pakistan’s government on Sunday regarding the healthcare of jailed former prime minister Imran Khan. Khan has been in prison since 2023 and was sentenced late last year along with his wife to 17 years on corruption charges they both deny. The 73-year-old, who w...

Read full story
The US special envoy to Syria and ambassador to Turkey on Sunday walked back his comments from two days ago that Israel “still” occupies the Golan Heights in violation of UN resolutions, remarks that went against US President Donald Trump’s position on the disputed territory. Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria in the 1967 Middle East war and annexed it in 1981. The Uni...

Read full story
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said he believes actions taken by dismissed Defence Minister Mykhailo Fedorov, including his involvement in mass protests and calls for an election, were misguided, as he publicly detailed their dispute for the first time. Zelensky also alluded to problematic decisions over defence spending and said inaccurate information provided by the De...

Read full story
A mountainous heap of refuse collapsed at Dar es Salam, the largest landfill in Guinea’s capital Conakry, early on Sunday killing at least 30 people, according to a provisional death toll from the country’s civil protection service. Heavy rains, which started at around 3am, washed over the refuse, triggering a landslide that buried nearby shacks. Lancine Sylla, the head of the s...

Read full story
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said his country played no role in the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines linking Russia to Europe, following the arrest in Croatia of a second Ukrainian suspect sought by Germany. “Ukraine has never even been involved in even the idea of this operation,” Zelensky told reporters during the Ukraine Nordic-Baltic summit in Kyiv on Sund...

Read full story